Friday, May 1, 2009

May Day

We had such a great day today. It was the first day that I've had in a long time that I could just spend with my kids. We played all morning and after lunch Makayla went down for a nap and Aiden and I headed out to mow the lawn. After we were finished we couldn't bring ourselves to go inside since it was so sunny and it is calling for rain tomorrow. Makayla woke up and we brought her out with us and spent the whole afternoon in the sun eating popsicles and enjoying the beautiful weather. What a great day!




Aiden is such a sweet boy with his sister. He is always willing to help her out.

I think that Makayla likes the sand box almost as much as Aiden. We are definatly getting a lot of use out of it.

Aiden was so funny. He summersaulted all the way across the yard and back again. I was impressed. That is a lot of summersaults!


Aiden the ham.

I can't believe how big Makayla is getting already. I was pushing Aiden on the swing and swinging with her on the other one and she kept whining. I didn't know what she wanted so I would put her down and she would still whine. I finally put her on the swing by herself and found out that is what she wanted. I could not believe it. She already doesn't want her mommy and wants to do everything by herself! She sat on that swing for about 20 minuetes before she would get off.



She loves coloring with chalk too.
Aiden isn't quite tall enough for his big boy bike so he is sticking to his 3 wheeler for now.

2 comments:

  1. Well, there's your answer on the baby swing- she doesn't need it because she's a "big girl" now! Looks like you guys had a great day...I sat inside all day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! she is so big. I seriously want to stop time sometimes, just so I can still have the sweet baby time. Maybe We just need to have another one. =) Hope to see everyone in June.

    ReplyDelete