Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Fruit, Chickens & Backyard Fun

I'm so excited for this summer.  We planted 5 fruit trees last year and we are hoping to get a little bit of fruit off of them this year, along with that I got a box of strawberries.  I'm hoping to get a second one if I can find one.  We can't wait to go out the front door and pick fresh fruit! 
Our chickens have grown a lot in the last 2 1/2 weeks.  They are ugly already too.  But Mike came home last weekend with 3 more little guys to add to the bunch.  We can't wait to eat there eggs!
The chicken coop is coming along.  All the walls are built, we now have to decide on what to put on the outside of it. 
Funny Aiden, when I was walking back from taking the coop pictures I saw a little eye peeking at me.
Backyard Excitement. 
We were playing in the backyard all morning and all the kids were gathered in a circle.  It was fun to see what they all thought was so entertaining.
This was the little culpruit.
Makayla was the only one brave enough to touch the worm.
Her reaction was really funny.  She screamed and giggled like a little girl. 

2 comments:

  1. girls are always braver than the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good find on the strawberry box..I wasn't expecting it to be so cute! Tell Makayla that Auntie Ash says worms are gross and she needs to stay away from them!

    ReplyDelete