Sunday, December 12, 2010

Makayla's Christmas Present

I've been working for a long time to make Makayla a doll house for Christmas.  I finally finished it! ! !  It has been a lot of work but turned out perfectly.  I'm so excited.  I can't wait to give it to her.
  
I bought a second hand dresser and transformed it into a beautiful doll house.  Mike and his Dad built the shelves and walls for me, then it was up to me to finish all of the decorating.  I used a lot of scrapbook paper, stickers, cut outs, and LOTS of mod podge.  The floors are wood so I made cute little throw rugs for most of the rooms, which I have a feeling will be used for blankets as well.

So here it is, everyone has been wondering how I made a doll house out of a dresser so now you can see what it looks like (just don't tell Kayla!)
The little girl room.  My mom also got her a crib and some furnishings for this room.
 The parents room.  The bed and dressers I got from Mike's dad and just put padding on them and fabric to make them prettier, and added pillows.
 The purse wall.  My sister gave me a birthday card with these on it so I used them as a little extra decorating.
 The little kitchen.
 The living room.  My mom also got her living room furniture for Christmas.  I have a really cute little family for it too, but they are already wrapped for Christmas.
The little empty room is the bathroom which Kenzie bought the furniture for.  So nice to have people helping me with all of the furnishings!   I know you are all thinking, Kayla doesn't play with dolls! !  But, I also got her some Littlest pet shop toys, I have a feeling it will be more of an animal house than a doll house, but long as she uses it I don't mind.

I also left the bottom drawer in the dresser for storage.  I love it that everything can be shoved in there if needed.

2 comments:

  1. That turned out so cute. She is going to have so much fun playing with it! I can't wait to see the bathroom stuff too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is adorable. I will so be stealing this idea someday I am sure. Poor Emmalyn plays with tractors all day. It is a perfect doll house Michelle. You did a wonderful job, you should be so proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete