Sunday, February 21, 2010

HomeMade Mama?!?!

While I was in California Jamie and I learned how to make little girl hairbows. I've found that it is so easy and I love doing it. I've made Makayla TONS, and I'm still making more. I talked to my relay team and I think that we are going to be selling them as a fund raiser for 'Relay for Life', possibly bibs, burp rags and pacifier clips also. We still have to work out prices and such but I'm getting ahead on it while I can.

I love the Orchids. They are beautiful in pony tails.

Gerber Daisys are so awesome. They look great in pony tails and in baby girl hats. I love the colors of this one. They are so bright and awesome for summer.
I'm also making bow holders. They can be made out of letters or just something decorative. I might sell some of these for relay too.

This is the one Makayla had in for church this morning. It was a bit big for her little head but it was really cute.

I've been trying my hand at sewing too. I found this dress online I really like and thought that I would just give it a try. I even found the same fabric that I wanted it in. I love the colors of it. This is how it turned out, but once I tried it on her I had to alter it. The shoulders wouldn't stay on her, after lots of different trys I finally found a way to make it work.

I made ties on each shoulder (they aren't tied nice or finished being sewed here) so now it will stay on. I just have to finish the sewing, also it is really short so I think she will have to wear some shorts with it. I think it turned out pretty good for the first thing I've ever sewn useing a pattern, I've also learned that I don't know how to read a pattern and had to re-cut out the dress 2-3 times. OOPS! !


2 comments:

  1. What a doll!!! Makayla looks so pretty in her new dress. I can't wait to pick out some bows and clips. So excited. Less than 30 days til we meet this new little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that dress- can you make one in size 7 please? :) Can't wait to make some of the bows soon! They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete