Saturday, March 20, 2010

Kids Updates

- Aiden -

Aiden is growing up so fast.  He is turning into such a sweet, adorable, funny, naughty boy who is full of questions and never ceases to amaze me at what he comes up with.  He just got over having strep throat as is back to is lively self.  He is always willing to help out with chores and loves working outside with his Dad.  One day he was out with Mike while he mowed the lawn.  He got out his dump truck and was being Daddy's Silage truck.  Mike would load him up with grass and he would go to the pile and dump it and come back and follow him around the yard till he had another load for him.  It was so cute!  He also is now in a big bed and is so proud of his Cowboy room.  He informed me a few months ago that he was to big for his toddler bed and before he turned 5 he needed a bigger bed. 




- Makayla -

Wow, Makayla is growing and learning so much now.  She can now sing her ABC's, count to 13, sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (plus the hotdog song from Mickey Mouse of course) and she knows most of her Colors!  She is also working on potty training.  I started with her a while ago and she was doing ok but quit when we went to Cali and haven't gotten back into it.  Now she is at the bathroom all day long calling me saying "Pee Potty Mom'.  She is such a good little girl.  She amazes me at how much she is learning so fast.  She also has hit her terrible two's so she has a BIG attitude and temper.  Mike told me last week that she is to old for her crib and needed to start sleeping in a big bed too.  I was against it since she has never even attempted to climb out and why ruin a good thing?  We put her in the big bed and suprise!  She never even gets out of that either! !  It is fantastic.  She loves it and we don't have to put her back to bed 30 times a night like I expected.   She is so proud to be in her big bed and she now tells me that she is NOT A BABY.  Makes me sad but proves that it is true. 



I've been really into bow making and I am having a hard time parting with lots of them.  So I've been keeping one of almost every design or color.  I love them all so much.  I can't resist keeping so many of them.



2 comments:

  1. I love Aiden's bedding and new bed. I am so glad you splurged and went with the set you loved. It is perfect, and something he can grow into. Keep up the great work on the bows. I can't wait for mom to come down so I can see them all in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aiden's big boy bed is adorable! He looks so tiny curled up at the top of it...lot of room to grow, right! It's so great that Makayla is staying in her bed- way to go Kayla! I don't our girls will every have to wear the same bow twice at the rate we're going!

    ReplyDelete