Sunday, March 28, 2010

New Members of Our Family

I've told Mike for over 5 years now that I would never allow him to get chickens.  A few days ago I went to Cenex and saw all the baby chicks and finally gave in.  We now have 6 chickens.  They are really cute! . . for now.  We can't wait to have farm fresh eggs in a few months.  Looks like I won't have to buy them anymore!  The kids are so excited about them and they love going out to the shed to check on them.  Aiden is so excited about going out to collect eggs and feed them once we have a coop and they are laying eggs.  I hope he stays excited about it after he starts!  I have a bad feeling I'll be doing a lot of it.  We are starting with 6 and if all goes well with them and the boys do their job taking care of them we might get a few more down the road. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous...we have to buy our farm fresh eggs from "city chickens" that live in our neighbor's backyard! We will have to bring the kids over, once we are healthy, to meet the new members!

    ReplyDelete